Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Cold decked

I haven't posted in awhile for really no reason...I could have, but just couldn't find the energy in my body to write about stuff that sucks...I haven't been doing well in poker lately, but I haven't played very much either, so I haven't lost very much money.

I think I was just starting to get used to cashing in MTTs about once a night, and giving a good run to finish big in a few, with a couple of final tables...VARIANCE sucks...! thats the best way i can think to put it, with Pokerstars steadily growing, the MTTs get crazier and crazier, but I will only play MTTs on Stars and Party, because the rest suck to me. But I'll get back in my groove, I know poker is a game of swings, esp. when you play a lot of MTTs and short-handed ring games...but I am still considerably up for the year and that, to me, is the most important thing.

I cashed in my first Omaha tourney since my last post. In fact, I got 13th place...it paid shitty, but was only a $5 or $10 buy-in with 500 hundred people or so, but still an accomplishment..I also made the final table of the $10+1 10-minute levels that they have on stars on Tues. and Thurs. nights...I got all-in from late position with A7o against K10s and it help until the river brought a 10 and I went out, sucks that I got outdrawn, esp. b/c I was making Top 3 at least if I doubled there...took 8th for $270, not too bad...

My wife and son are out of town all week, so I have been kinda bored, but I do like gettin to do whatever I want, all night after I get home from work...but her sister just had a baby boy on Monday, so congrats to them and wish them the best of luck....she will be home this weekend..Also, this weekend is the "Racing Festival of the South" at Oaklawn horsee track in Hot Springs...I am going to try to go, b/c the Arkansas Derby is on Saturday and the winner goes to the Kentucky Derby, and the last year's winner, Smarty Jones, won the Kentucky Derby...

Anyways, I will update again as soon as something happens....Late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052