Wednesday, March 08, 2006

$5 into $438 in 2 hours, I'll take it...

Well I finally did it...I made the final table in one of those $5+.50 Turbo MTTs...I have played so many of them over the last year or so, only b/c they offer good returns if you make the final table and they are so quick b/c the blinds go up every 5 min. like in a turbo SNG....

They are every Tuesday and Thurs. night on Stars at 9:39pm precisely, and they have them other times too, but these are the only ones I play in...You have to play aggressive, or not so much aggressive, as you just have to get all of your money in a shitload of times and hope for the best. Because of the blind structure and fast levels, this tournament is comprised of coin-flips, and a lot of them, it is commonplace to see a 4-way all-in pot, with the worst hand preflop sucking out on the river. This is not to say that I just donked my way to the Final Table, you do have to make good moves, its actually very tough skillfully towards the end.

I finished 5th out of 1716 people, which payed out about $438 and added another final table to my stats....This is probably the most I have caught pocket Aces in a tourney ever, probably like 5 or 6 times....and yes i know, anyone can win with cards like that....But it was a nice cash and a very action packed two hours....First was almost $2000 which would have been a lot nicer, but I went out with AKo vs. QQ and didn't improve, so at least i didn't blind out, I made a move at the wrong time. I did lay down JJ to a bet that put me all in so that I could make the final table, which I thought showed discipline although I am sure I had him dominated....

I played two $15+$1 SNGs as well, won one, and bubbled in the other....I also played a $20 +$2 MTT and was sitting above average after the first hour break, when I was dealt AK in the small blind with blinds at 100/200....4 limpers in the pot when 'Aggresive Donk' raises to 750, what!?!? well it gets to me and I instapush for like 3900 total to take down this big pot right there....'Aggressive Donk calls after thinking forever with 22....I think this is a horrible call, I mean at best I have two random over cards on him...he calls all but 100 chips with pocket dueces, stupid...but of course it holds and I'm out...so whatever...

I have to get back to work, so I will update later....Late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052