Saturday, March 11, 2006

On the Rocks.....

I have not done so well since my final table experience last wednesday...I have been bubbling many SNGs and gettin my money in with the best in the cash games, only to get kicked in the nuts by some Donk on the river...I am still in the positive for the year, so I am technically only losing winnings, but it still hurts to lose 1/4 of what you've made in 3 months in about 3 days...
I hate cashing out, I do not know how many times I have to complain about this, but every time I cash out, I have bad luck immediately following..

I do not however think that it is all bad luck. In fact, I know what the problem is, and I still don't make an attempt to fix it...I work up my bankroll, and at the same time I am progressively moving up the limit ladder, and then when I leave myself only $200 for example to play with, I still feel the need to play $2/4 NL to maximize my gains, and usually grind it up a little, only to make a bad move or someone donk me of all my chips...SO...what am I goin to go...prob keep going about it the way I have been...I can not leave ALL the money I make in my account for many reasons...I have a young family, am still in college, and have to pay bills, and I also don't have a six figure income at my job, so....there's that...But I do consistently win, even if I do have brutal downswings, and periods where I may not play for a week or so...So poker is good to me in the long run b/c I am a winning player, even though it may be on a smaller level than some...

I am going to try to start playing more MTTs, b/c I just simply don't play in many....I seem to think the ring games are my bread and butter, which they are, but I have had decent results in the few MTTs I have played, but then there is the issue of time commitment for MTTs, which is a topic I won;t even get into...

Outside of poker, everything is good...The Hogs are finally doing good, with the exception of busting out of the SEC tourney to Florida, but they WILL, mark my words, be a legitimate threat in the Big Dance....Drank here for a bit last night watching the game with a pretty good crowd, and then went to a club called On The Rocks in the Rivermarket and get biligerently(?) drunk and had a great time...

Update later tonight or tomm, hopefully with some Final Table results.....LATE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052