Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Seriously?!?!?!?

Ok, as I write this update, I am also crying, not crying.....but last night couldn't have went much worse. Not the whole night though, just the ending, the majority or the night I had a nice session and just kept grinding my stack up and up....until.............THE $1/$2 NL TABLE!!! Ok, I will start with what a good night I was having thus far....First of all, Congrats again to my boy Nate for taking down 1st in the $20+2 MTT on stars Sunday night..and thats where this story starts....Nate was kind enough(evidently ignorant enuf) to shoot me $100 out of his 3k to stake me, although it wasn't much out of what he won, it is still $100 and the thought of it...So I spent Monday night grinding in MTTs, SNGs, and mostly limit ring games, and broke pretty much even for the night...to last night....I started off with a big downswing to about $44 at the limit games, so I quit those and decided to slow it down with a couple of MTTs...I hopped in the $3+.30 + Rebuys first and decided to play on a One rebuy and one addon budget...I started off the tourney crazy pushing on the first hand with A10....against KQ, but caught two pair to double up to T6000 and then the very next hand I get AA and push from the Big blind and get one caller and get up to T9000, so in 7 minutes and I jump to 5th out of a trillion....But that went downhill...I was being very pushy, taking down blinds almost every hand, you know, playing big stack poker, and then got my 10 10 called by A7o....and of course he spiked and Ace...

Then I moved to a $5+.50 PL Omaha MTT... I like to play Omaha and bettter my skills at the game, but to make a long story short....lasted til sometime after the 1st break and got busted...so then its back to the Limit ring games...finally some luck, or cards, or perhaps just good playing on my behalf...but I grind my stack up to about $110 over about an hours time....

So I start getting bored with the LHE games and you aren't supposed to play if it feels like a "grind" only, so I decide to give a shot at $1/2 NL....I sit down with my whole stack and play good for about 30 minutes and get it up to precisely $171 when a nightmare of a hand comes along....

AdAs....A guy in EP who has been aggressive all night raises to $6 and I know I have him beat so I make it $12, he calls....Flop comes Js Ah 9s....i flop top set, the only thing I am worried about it the flush draw and maybe the open-ended str8 draw if he held Q10....but he checks to me, and I shoot $20 to see where hes at and semi-protect my hand....He calls....Turn comes the Jc...This is my money card bitches...yeh!...Full boat...Aces over Jacks, and he possibly caught his 3rd Jack which would leave him with one out on the river and just get him to throw his money my way....He immediately shoots $25 at me, and I almost know he has hit a set of jacks, so I think and think....trying to lure him in and b/c I think he will call I push the remainder of my stack, $114....He goes in to the tank...lets his little Time Bank kick in and all, and finally calls at the last second, which I am just like extremly thrilled about, b/c I know I am bout to take down this $350 pot, which means I could pay Nate back and still have plenty to play with....THE RIVER CARD.......

10s.....For s short second I am happy to see he missed his fourth Jack....Did he make a str8, or maybe a flush.....He possibly even made a lower boat holding the J10....I am seriously cheesing b/c I am taking down this big pot and am thirlled about it, UNTIL THE CHIPS SLIDE HIS
WAY....WHAT??!??!!?!....He is holding QsKs for a STRAIGHT FLUSH!!! Seriously? I have been assed out in online poker many many times before folks, but I think this qualifies for the worst! He called $114 into a pot of only aobut $65 with nothing but a gutshot str8 draw and a flush draw....and he hit that one card....he had one out that could beat me....ONE!!!! Thats it, no other cards in the deck except the 10s would let him take it down...I don't understand his call, I think it was one of the worst plays I have seen and its just rediculous....I mean even if he thought I was bluffing, he called $114 with a king high to see if he possibly could make a str8 or a flush...B/c I guarantee you that he had know idea that he had a gutshot Str8Flush Draw....

So enough said...I didn't sleep very well last night as the hand kept running thru my head and is still now....Its almost not believeable...I mean its so far-fetched its SICK...I hate poker right now, but not b/c of my play...b/c of others and b/c you get brutally raped online some times...I am going to try to take a break from it, if I can stand it, b/c I could be susconsiously on tilt for days....So to Nate, sorry bro....I know you, and although you might have played it a little diff. you can't say I made a bad play....

I know bad beat stories can get old, but I think that this one qualifies as a Aggrevated Rape, and not a normal bad beat....but I have to steam as I lost my whole bankroll on Stars and I just hate it....So llok for an update possibly from Nate on his play, and me when I do.....Late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052