Thursday, October 13, 2005

Last Minute Home Game

Nt much online poker at all this week, haven't even made a deposit since sunday, I really have just not felt like playing on there. I do want to put some money in Party Poker however, because they have a new option where you can play blackjack for real money at the same time you are playing poker, you can also pull up a window in which to side bet on the color of the flop and it pays 8-1, a great house advantage and sucker bet, but it still could be fun.

Put together a home game last night last minute, b/c one of my buddies has been wanting to play for awhile and I will be gone all weekend at deer camp, so played a 5 man game for 3-4 hours...then after our late finish I remembered I had a big test this morning so i stayed up and studied for it, and of course I am tired as shit today. But I think I did good on the test so i'll get over it. The highlight of last night was a hand where I called a small raise with A8os and was in the hand with the raiser(QQ) and another caller(10J)...The flop comes AA2...so very nice for me that my A-x that was way behind now it a set. Big bets and I smooth called...the turn is another A giving me the NUTS, quad aces...I am playing it off jokin with the raiser about him not tryin to act like he has the Ace when in fact I can't wait til he bets it like he does. River is a K and caller checks and I bet out a $5 value bet to the raiser and he thinks and then goes all in with about another $20, so there is a good $50-60 in the pot....I turned it over and he shows QQ, so he got pissed off and left, but he actually he took it pretty good... But a good hand and a couple of other key pots and I turned $20 into $97, so not bad for our home game...

I wil l be at down south at my deer camp all weekend hunting and drinking and gambling...it is my first weekend to be able to go b/c I have been so busy, and the season hass been open since Oct. 1...but its all good, this weekend will be fun..report back on Mon.

Quote of the Day: "SupaStarrs are few and far between but once you've come across one, chances are you'll know it, or your bankroll will show it. " - Poker champion, SupaStarr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052