Monday, September 26, 2005

College dropout turned pro???

Well, I'm not at all considering dropping out of school, or turning pro, but I had a damn good weekend all together, poker and otherwise. My fiance went to Motley Crue w/ friends Friday night so I got to go to Conway to play in the CSC bi-weekly poker tourney. There were only 16 people with a buy-in of $30 with rebuys, but no add-on. I won it....my 5th time going and I have never even cashed, but I played near-perfect and ended up winning the whole thing for $285...and I didn't rebuy, so a net-profit of $255...only downside is it lasted for 5.5 hours, which is too long for that small of a tourney, but the guy who runs it it working on changing it to speed it up...The best thing about that night was the fact that I was shortstacked going into 3, when the two bigger stacks got all-in and took it down to heads-up...Going in to heads-up I was about 2.5 or 3 to 1...I was dominated! But after about 5 str8 all-ins, I got some chips and ended up winning. I jumped up to 16 on the points standings, so it was a good night.

Sat. Night one of my mom's friends had a wedding party for us. It was very nice and we got a lot more cool gifts, so thanks to everybody for everything. We drank a little there, and then battled the ruminants of Hurricane Rita on the way home, and then went out to a country club called Hollywood and had a hell of a time. One of my buddies actually got "cut-off" by the bar if that tells you anything.

And finally I get to talk about cash games on Pokerstars. Sometimes I hate stars, but I love it right now. Last Thurs. I made a $60 deposit, and over the weekend turned it into $720....thats right!...$721.34....Hell yeah, I'm good, I don't have to be told twice. That is the biggest increase over that short period of time I have ever had since playing online, which I have been doing for more than a year now. A combination of playing $3/6 and $5/10 led up to that...Last night I played for maybe 1.5 hours at a $5/10 table and turned $100 into $475....SO, needless to say I kinda have a big head right now, because I feel pretty good about poker and life in general..

Its my last week to be single as I'm gettin married Sat. October 1...ran up on me quick, but I'm excited and know that Jen is the right one and only one for me for the rest of my life....I love you if you read this baby! Enough sweet talk...I'm the shit right now, just wanted to share that...matter of fact, I think this is the 1st time Ive ever had more than $700 in my pokerstars account at once. So, hope everyone is loving life like me....Later

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interested in a heads up match?

Friend of Benton

2:16 PM  
Blogger GoHogs21 said...

yes, i would be...what are the stakes? so are you from benton??

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052