Friday, October 28, 2005

Keep it in the Family

What up to everyone and hopefully you are having a good friday...I am!...It halloween weekend and we are having a party Sat. night which should be fun and I am going to deer camp tonight, so all is well. Last night Me, my wife, Nate Dogg, and JR went to Supastarr's parents house...His mom called me mid week and told me they were having a tourney last night and that it would be easy money for me because no one really knew how to play and just did it for fun. Well, should could not have been moer correct! My dad came too, he didn't fair well as he got some bad beats put on him early on...it was a winner-take-all tourney and Jen, Nate Dogg, and myself, made it to final 3 and chopped, how ironic...i actually did play good, because seeing that the skill level wasn't very high and everyone just wanted to have fun, people would call you down with anything and usually hit their 2 outters on the river for a two pair of something like 7s and 4s....but a good time and can't wait to go back....I will say that it was the most unorthodox tourney I have ever played in, probably again due to it being for a good time and not to serious...But you had unlimited rebuys for the first...WHOLE tourney! If it was down to 3 and you wanted to rebuy after getting busted you could, you would be dominated, but you could...that was kinda odd...no one really took advantage of that though, most rebuys were fairly early on....Second...the chips had no denominations, all the same value, and you got 50 to start with, which made for a big mess in the end trying to seperate 1200+ chips into their approriate colors...And a winner-take-all tourney with a field of about 20 people with probably 10 rebuys or so...odd, good thing we chopped....But a definate shout-out to my wife, she knows a lot more about poker than I thought and certainly more than any other woman I know, It was only her 2nd or 3rd time playing with me, so I am very proud, b/c she didn't just play good hands, she slo-played when necessary and even bluffed....But I took $120, and Nate and Jen both got $75 in the end, only b/c I had them about 2 to 1, but glad to go to a tourney for the first time and just run it over...but enough about poker...

This weekend will be fun with the party and all, going to try and get in some online poker if I get a chance, couple of MTTs or something, but I will holler back on Monday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052