Thursday, October 20, 2005

$10+1 Rebuys is where its at.....

Well, last night I was "staked" by the infamous Styx21684, a well-known online player...I know him and b/c money is nothing to him, him loaned me $35. I have decided where the golden treasure is on stars....Its not in the limit or no-limit cash games like I had thought originally....its in the $10+1+rebuys($45,000 guaranteed) that they have every night at 9:15...You have to plan on spending anywhere from $30 to $60 if you are going to rebuy a couple od times and add-on...but do you know what first place was last night.....$13,445....yeh....13k baby...damn....wouldn't it be nice...I think I am going to concentrate on that....its a crazy toruney and takes some good play to survive, but if you do, what a nice piece of pie you are eating at the finish line. The first hour is unlimited rebuys, so it is rediculous, every one going all-in with sub-par hands just trying to double through and amass a big stack to play with....after the hour break and the add-on period is over....it calms down a little and the real grinding begins....I went out last night about 1.5 hours into when I limped with Q9 of diamonds from the small blind and saw a flop of K 6 8 all diamonds...of course I bet it big and got it all in against another player who has A2 of diamonds for the nut flush, I have the second nut flush and am eliminated....I can think of a lot of shitty ways to get out of a tourney, but that one was horrible...anywayz...I got out too early and didn't get a chance to make a decent run at the big money, but it will come another day, I think I am going to star playing this tourney as much as I can....later....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052