Monday, August 29, 2005

Good Weekend Session...

Well, no live play to discuss this weekend as I never could get a game together. I did however play quite a bit a online poker and did pretty well, atleast in my substandard book. I think I am starting to like playing limit cash tables online. I don't know who gave me the idea, and I used to despise limit anything, and Supastarr(Twitty) tells me I will learn to hate it again eventually, but it has been paying off for me. I like it because I can three-table $1/2 or $2/4 limit without a problem and see a shitload of hands per hour(esp. at high-speed tables), and capitalize on all the fish in the sea known as Pokerstars. Yes, you can get drawn out in limit, but it you hit the nuts on the flop, its a lot easier to drag 2 or 3 people down to the river and build a big pot and then slam them. I deposited $35 on fri night, and my first session proved successful. I hopped in a $1/2 cash game with $20 while playing a $6.50 45-player turbo SNG. At the cash table, I couldn't lose....sets, boats, and even one 4-of-a-kind...I went from $20 til a little over $100 in a bout an hour. I also happened to make the final table in the SNG, but busted out in 5th when my KK got beat by a set of 7s....but it still payed like $30 think.

My highlight of my online play was last night, I played in a $3 MTT...I usually get in these b/c there is nothing else registering and bust out early b/c I don't have the patience. At the start there were 1911 people playing with a prize pool of about $5700 with a lil more than $1200 going to first.

I didn't even play one hand for about the first 20-25 minutes because I wanted to sit out and let the tru fish go ahead and get out or move up into the top 10 after beating out 3 other all-ins with something like J9o...Matter-of-fact I only saw the flop 5 times in the whole first hour(9%) because I remembered telling Twitty(supastarr) my progress at the first break. Anyways, time goes by and I only am playing when I have a solid hand. Its gets down to about 225 and I have become shortstacked...only 180 cash in this tourney...oh shit, have I just played this baby tourney for about 2.5 hours just to find out that I won't even get a consolation prize of a lil more than my buy-in back...precisely $4.58 was the payout to 136th - 180th places. Well Nate Dogg gets off of work right as I am approaching the bubble.... I am sitting at 172 out of the remaining 182 with only about $3000 in chips...needless to say, but the bubble burst and I made the money, happy with my $4.58...so I go all -in and end up at about 10,000 in chips....then I just decide that I got to make moves or get out, they diff. in money from now until about the top 36 isn't that great. I end up doubling up again to about $25,000...I have some breathing room, so i sit out for a bit....The comes my big run....I catch AA twice with in a 3-hand stretch...Well, I limped with it the 2nd time and got an all-in raise which I loved, so i went all in with about 50k...and to my suprise a good size stack calls my all in behind me with AQo, and i think the other hand was J10o...I am such a favorite and it holds up boosting me up from 60th to 4th with about $140,000 in chips. Well, I had some bad beats and lost a big portion of my stack, but I made it down two the last two tables...i had to make a move and did after a raise with A 10o...up against JJ and he even hit a set on the flop...So I went out in 17th cashing $43.00, an exact profit of $40...this relates back to Nate Dogg's post " Is it worth it?"...I played for 4 hours and made $40....I think so I played well and managed a short stack to perfection....I beat out 1894 people and although it was a $3 tourney, thats worth something....I think played well and almost mistake-free....as they say on stars..."gg".....good game

So a good weekend as far as net profit iin online poker for me...I put in $35 Fri night and now have a lil over $150....maybe I can keep this up and make some good money playing this week...and since I actually have some money in the bank with more on the way, I don't have to immediately withdraw my winnings for once....I can actually work on building a bankroll...

Quote of the Day: "Aces are larger than life, and greater than mountains..." -Mike Caro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052