Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Home Game Grinding with a Royal flush....

Well, last night actually went well. I had a cash game at my house($.50/1) and actually profited. The guy that runs the Benton game and his buddy came down for the first time to my game to play. Both of them are very good players and are excellent at bluffing and betting in the right situations. They are looser players, but I don't think I can call them "loose" because they are very strong the majority of the time, but on the other hand they provide plenty of action.

I cashed in with $20 to start as well as the rest of the table. I lost that fairly quickly, and it wasnt until I had put a total of $50 in the pot, when I started to catch some cards. I was low and on tilt for atleast the first 2 hours, making bad plays and getting drawn out, but I grinded it out and came out ahead.

There were more than enough bad beats last night, but you are asking for that in a short handed game with loose players at the table. JJ vs JQ(all-in preflop) was slammed TWICE by the underdog by catching one of the 3 remaining Queens in the deck. I flopped top pair a couple of times with a medium pair and drawn out when I was called by two overs.

One hand that my brother-in-law won was noteworthy of details I believe:
It went down like this...He and another aggressive player were both in a raised preflop pot. the flop came... Kd,Kc,10d....Jake (bro-in-law) led out the betting with a decent bet and was raised and he then just called....the turn was an 8c or something small..Jake checks and the other player puts him all-in, he thinks for a while and then calls...The other player shows Kh/x for a set of Kings and a one card draw for a boat...Jake reveals Jd/Qd for a draw with many outs...The River was the Ad, giving Jake the ROYAL FLUSH and winning him the massive pot. This makes only 3 royal flushes I have ever seen in my life, 2 live and 1 online...

All in all it was a good night with killer action and some good play. I ended up only profiting like $20 but I had to grind it out to do that. I made some extra money for Tunica this weekend which is good and one of the guys from Benton went on a cold streak towards the end and left my house "down" which is uncommon, he was on tilt I guess; the other guy though did very well last night and left a happy man. Til Next time, Aces and Faces...MGD

Quote Of The Day - "You call, its awe ova baby!" - Scotty Nguyen, 1998 WSOP final hand

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby-your blog is awesome--yes "poker fiene" you are.. I love you!!

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that Phil or Mike you swept?

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052