Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Update

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, I've been really busy since school started Monday and also trying to get everything done for my wedding. But I have been playing very little poker anyway, just because I simply haven't had the time.

I did however play in a FPP(frequent player points) buy-in tourney on Stars Sunday night. it was a satellite tourney for one of the events of the upcoming World Championship of Online Poker. There were 651 entrants when registration closed who started with 1500 chips and blinds at 15 min. intervals. I played almost mistake-free poker for the first couple of hours and at one point got up to 2nd and stayed in the top 10 for some time. Top 6 finishers got a seat in the tourney and number 7 got the leftover 650 FPPs from the prize pool. To cut it short, I got dicked on one hand that hurt my stack pretty bad and then I just hung around tryin to make it to 7 and finally ended up getting busted in 12th place...Don't get me wrong 12th out of 651 is a strong finish and in the usual cash buy in would have payed well...but to play for 4.5 hours only to get nothing kinda sucked...but enough complaining...

We also had a cash game last Fri night and believe or not I didn't do good...lol...I didn't lose much and what I did i lost to my buddy Justin Belew, for obvious reasons called simply Belew. he was long overdue for a winning night, as he has probably lost $500 easy in the last month at our game...but he comes for the love of the game and has un losing most of the time so its aight...Congrats Belew and i'll see you at the table tonight to redeem myself.

We are having a cash game tonight at the house, we are goin to try to make it a pretty regular thing to have one every Wed. night...i think Big Phil is coming down from Benton and prob bringing his buddy, so atleast there will be enough 'bank" at the table for a change...Anywayz, im out.....

Quote of the Day: " If you can't pick out the sucker at the table in the first half-hour, you are the sucker..." - Matt Damon in Rounders

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052