Tuesday, April 25, 2006

WSOP Round 1 and some PSO stuff

Last night I played in a WSOP Round 1 qualifier. The buy-in was a serious 40 FPP with one rebuy and one add-on...One seat to Round 2 was awarded for every 4000 FPPS in the prize pool. There were like 1200 people in it and it was a turbo, so it didnt last long, like 1 hour and 45 minutes total...I got lucky only in the early stages, but I played well from then on out and knew I was going to get a seat after the first hour...I thought the set-up was kinda weird, atleast with the break....you got one break after 30 minutes, which is when the Rebuy period was over, and you just played the rest of it out without any more breaks, I actually liked it, and probably have played a tourney like this before and just don't remember it.

22 people got a seat in Round 2 with 23rd gettting 100 Fpps and 24th getting 40 Fpps. I decided not to play in the second round and just had the 4000 FPP buy-in refunded to my account, in fact, I had no plan to play in round 2 when i started playing Round 1, just figured I could use 4k fpps..Round 2 already had like 200 people entered in it and its not until Sat. at 3pm(which is a horrible time for me) and only awarded 2 seats to the WSOP, which would be wonderful, but would be a crapshoot...

I had everything approved last night on my PSO promotion and had a total of 15,000 PSO points...As you know, I have been waiting to get there so I could get that iPOD, but I did my research first...The iPOD shuffle(1GB) that they have in their points store for 15,000 points costs $99 at Best buy assuming there is no sale or you don't have a coupon. And as bad as I want to get one, that is one of the sorriest they have now, and I just assume to get a fiarly new model when I do....So I ordered a $100 Best Buy gift Card for 10,000 points, The Professor, The Banker, and The Suicide King for 2500 pts. and Greenstein's new book Ace on the River for 2500 pts....So instead of gettin dicked and gettin a $99 iPOD for 15k pts, I got a $100 Best Buy gift card(which I could use towards an iPOD) and two $40 books, at least I know The Professor, The Banker, and the Suicide King is b/c they only have it in hardback and I have been wanting it for awhile, but I hate books normally, and can't justify spending $40 on one...So if you have checked out Poker Source Online, do so, you have nothing to lose, and you can see how I just got some nice free shit from then, just for playing like I normally do.....Probably won't get to play much tonight, but will update soon....Late

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Smart move on the gift card v. the iPod. It's definitely the smart way to go financially.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Jordan said...

You are linked up. I might even make you a perty banner, if I have the time.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052