Tuesday, August 01, 2006

WSOP sounds great, but I'm not there...

It has only been like 3 weeks since I last updated, and I was going for a month of blogless life...Not really, but I haven't had much to post about, I have been very busy with everything but poker and just haven't played very much...The little I have played is not very exiciting, and that even further adds to the reason I have not blogged.

The World Series of Poker has been going on for more than a month now, in fact, as I write the beginning of Day 2a is finally here...I will be rooting for Matt Maroon as he finished day 1d with $83,150 and will be going into Day2b very strong and I am an avid reader of his and like his takes on the poker lifestyle. It seems to me that the WSOP is getting out of hand, in a good way of course...The finally tally on the number of entrants this year is up to 8,773...thats just insane...not to mention the $11,500,000 prize for finishing first....DAMN! thats a lot of money...even to the high-stakes pros who already have a lot of jack.

Since I have last posted, wifey and I went to St. Louis for a nice 4-day vacation...We did the whole tourist thing including Six Flags, Anheuser-Busch Brewery, Laclede's Landing, Cardinals Game,etc....My wife also had her first live poker experience, which went horrible, and she now may never play again...to make a long story short, we were playing in a $1/$2 NL game with a $100 max buy-in...she sat down with $40, then wakes up with AA about 25 min. in and makes it $8 from EP...gets 2 callers....flop comes 7K7...shes drops immediately, and RandomDonk makes the call with 7s5s...it guess it was SOOTED would have been his excuse, but I don't see that play really...Of course, she is a woman, so she was pissed....I tried to explain to here that live games are considerably looser(at least in my opinion) and she wants PF calls like that in the long run, it will make her money, but she could have cared less at that point... I actually won a couple of pots, including quad 7s where I didn't get paid, but then ran QQ into KK...but in my defense, KK smooth called my PF raise as did 10 4os...and he made the reraise post-flop to get all 3 of us all in when the flop came 10 4 9....but running nines gave the KK the higher full boat and ASSclown with 10 4os was shown the exact reason you don't call raises with any two cards...But other than that, St. Louis was the shit and had a great time and we also got out of there right before they had that horrible storm blow through...

Again, what little I have got to play had been extremely steady...No big losses, no big gains...I can't complain about the no big losses, but at least I would have some material...I have been playing mostly SNGs and MTTs, with very little ring game play.....A couple of cashes, but nothing major, but I have had "that feeling" again that its about time to make a Top 3 in a decent MTT for a nice score, so hopefully that report will be coming soon...I think with summer rounding down and school about to start back I will get back into playing a lot more, atleast until deer season...So theres that....enjoy it....Late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052