Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Things pickin up a little...Tunica Trip

I don't want to get to ahead of myself and say things are going good, poker wise. But...I have mananged to turn a small deposit into something to wok with finally.

I have been rather unsuccessful in doing much online lately. I have only been playing frequently on Stars for about a month now, ever since the fall semester ended. Mostly I have been taking big shots in MTTs and then grinding back through low limit cash games and SNGs...I actually have made most money through SNGs which is odd, b/c I don't normally favor them.

My best MTT finish was a not so great 60th out of 1028...it was a $20+2, so I made like $40...I was set up so nice to FT it though, I was about 20th out of 60 when I busted...I raised from SB with Jc10c and the BB called....flop of J high so I pushed....he thought and thought and finally made the call with KJ, I didn't improve. I have had a few other small cashes in tourneys, but nothing that looked like it was going anywhere once we made the money.

My boy Craig is leaving the country in 2 weeks to go study abroad...errr....get wasted in Amsterdam for 6 months. He actually is going through school to study business in Amsterdam. So we thought we should go to Tunica for a going-away party of sorts. The WPT World Poker Poen and the WSOP Circuit Event will both be going on so the Grand and Gold Strike should be the place to be, and maybe we will get to see some of the high-limit poker players we read about like in the past. There is a 1k buy-in on Saturday, and I think we are going to try to satellite into it and maybe one of my buddies my buy str8 in. Its gettin kinda hard to right about the low limits my friendsand I still play the older I get and the more the money I am making at these levels becomes less and less gratifying. It seems like I may never get anywhere as far as a big bankroll without taking down one of the big MTTs that I play b/c I usually think of something I want to buy outside of my normal expenditures and cash out and do so.

So Tunica should be a blast this weekend, and I will report on my trip when I get back. I m thinkin about writing a "Goals for 2007" blog for myself like last year, but my number one goal is to graduaute college which has nothing to do with poker, so we'll see. Until next time, GOOD NIGHT NOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 6594052